30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 201031st Jul 2010 | Posted by Eko S. | 12 Comments
Fresh wordpress resources of the month is a post series that comes on the last day of the month. In this month we collect a wide selection of fresh wordpress resources from the month of July 2010. All of the resources in this post are categorized and hopefully you will find a number of new resources that will be practical for your own work.
Free WordPress Themes and Plugins
1. WordPress Theme Frameworks: Options You Should Consider
WordPress theme frameworks–which are themes that you can use as a foundation for the creation of your own themes–can drastically boost your performance and efficiency.
2. 10 Free Clean and Minimal WordPress Themes
If you’ve been on the lookout for some nice minimal WordPress themes, then you’re in luck. Here are 10 free ones that you should find useful.
3. A Collection Of Photoblog And Gallery WordPress Themes
Here we bring you a collection of Photoblog and Gallery WordPress Themes that may suit for every photographer,designer and those people who love posting images. Feel free to check this list and choose your best pick.
4. Top 10 Free WordPress 3.0 Ready Themes
The WP community has been working hard to update all of there themes and plugins to make them WP3.0 ready and to make best use of all of the exciting and new features.
After some extensive research from todays author (Sven Salmonsson ) we have a list of his top ten favorite free WordPress 3.0 fully compatible themes.
5. 45 Free WordPress Themes with Appealing Designs
Today, we will be showcasing 45 Free WordPress Themes with Appealing Designs. This collection includes a wide variety of wordpress themes made with good looking designs and almost premium-like that can spice up your wordpress powered websites.
6. Top 10 Social Bookmarking Plugins for WordPress
It has been almost two years since we last published a post on WordPress Social Bookmarking Plugins. What a difference that short period has had on user expectations, design trends and overall acceptance and popularity of social bookmarking. Many of the plugins from the previous post are now pretty much …
Selling WordPress Themes Guidelines
7. A Startup Guide to Selling Premium WordPress Themes
Whatever your reason to begin creating premium themes, this guide can help. In this post we’ll cover design styles that sell well, must-have development features, some tips on selling your first themes, and even a few business models for how to get started.
8. A Guide For Selling WordPress Themes
It’s a lot harder than you think to make a good, respectable theme; only about 10% of premium themes are actually any good.
“Good”, being a theme that’s well built, well supported and follows best practises. I’m of the view that the vast majority of themes don’t do this. Don’t let your new site join the ranks of other mediocre themes, follow my handy guide and you’ll be flying in no time.
9. A Guide to Premium WordPress Themes
Whether you’re a designer looking to put up a blog or portfolio, a developer looking for a quick way to get a client’s WordPress site up, or a WordPress theme developer wanting to know how to make your theme more attractive to theme buyers, this guide should help you see what makes a premium WordPress theme great.
10. WordPress Quick Tip: Highlight Author Comments Using CSS3
This is very straightforward to do and in this quick tip we’ll be using a little bit of CSS3 to add some nice styling to all comments made by authors.
11. Quick Tip: How to Recover Lost WordPress (Localhost) Password
If you design and develop WordPress theme, chances are you’ll have a local (localhost) copy in your machine for testing & debugging and preview purposes. Here’s a common mistake some of us may make – we tend to forget our admin password. If you’ve forgotten your password …
12. Show Top Commentators In WordPress Without A Plugin
Here is a simple code snippet for getting the top commentators listing in WordPress so you don’t have to use a plugin for that purpose.
13. How to Use Thumbnails for Previous/Next Navigation in WordPress
Almost every WordPress theme you’ll come across has support for going to the previous or next post. That’s all well and good, but in WordPress 2.9 we got the ability to have post thumbnails.
14. Styling WordPress Posts According To Category
Here is a small tutorial explaining on how you can achieve this rather easily using a small php if statement.
15. How To Protect Your Blog From Hacking Attempts
With wordpress being used as a CMS solution for most of the blogs out there, we present a comprehensive list of tips, tricks and measures that you should take so that you never get hacked.
16. Tutorial: Create A Sleek Web 2.0 WordPress Layout
Hello my friends. Today we will continue to create another nice web 2.0 wordpress theme. Designing wordpress themes is very easy because they does not require so many details like a game layout, or a restaurant layout for example. In this tutorial we will use the Graphstock framework.
17. Tutorial: Create A Trendy WordPress Layout In Photoshop
For today I will create a trendy and colorful wordpress layout in Photoshop. If you’re thinking to redesign your blog, you can follow this tutorial. I will try to explain step by step how you can create a similar wordpress layout in Photoshop.
18. Getting Started with WordPress Custom Menus
Perhaps one of the biggest holes in WordPress prior to version 3 was the lack of custom menu support. Menus often had to be hand coded into header.php and, whilst they could be ‘smart’, it often let the client needing a PHP savvy developer to make alterations to the setup.
19. The Ultimate Essential Guidelines For WordPress 404 Error Pages
You can imagine how frustrating it can be when you have clicked on a link from an article page or from a search result on Google, you’re in a bit of a hurry and want to see the content, but the page you’re waiting for couldn’t be found! Disaster! How can this be happening? We will discuss this in this article.
20. How To Write a Restricted Content Plugin
In this tutorial, I’m going to show you some of the basics of writing a WordPress plugin from scratch that will allow you to restrict content on your site to registered users. You will be able to restrict complete pages / posts by clicking a check box or just sections of content using WordPress shortcodes.
WordPress Trick, Customization and Optimization
21. 10 Wonderful Ways to Soup-Up WordPress
WordPress is great straight “out of the box” but that doesn’t mean there aren’t ways to make it even better. There are other, sometimes more surprising ways to get more out of WordPress.
22. 14 Features You Need for Your WordPress Theme
To make sure your blog is performing at its best, make sure you have these fifteen features in your blog.
23. Better WordPress Custom Post Types
These are steps I followed to create my better custom post types:
24. SEO Optimization For WordPress
Today I did something I’ve never done before: I started to “SEO Optimize” my WPShout posts, seeing which posts were doing well in search results and how I can make these posts do better in search results. I also had a fiddle around with my theme to make sure it was all in fine optimised order.
I have no idea if it’s as a result of this, but after doing my optimization, WPShout has suddenly jumped to PR 5 (I believe it was last at PR 3).
25. Creating Custom Fields for Attachments in WordPress
Custom fields in WordPress make it easy to customize your theme in a variety of ways; plus, they are simple to implement for posts and pages. Attachments, on the other hand, take a bit more work to implement, requiring you to read through and decipher core source code in order to make them work. We’ll be walking through the use of a couple undocumented WordPress hooks in this tutorial to make this process much easier.
26. All Killer WordPress Websites are Built Around These Concepts
I’ve been coding with WordPress for a long time now. All the way back to when there was a my-hacks.php file. Shortly thereafter WordPress introduced plugins and widgets. Over all these years I find myself going back to a few key WordPress concepts that make blogs really functional.
27. 20 Steps to a Flexible and Secure WordPress Installation
A comprehensive WordPress installation, albeit simple to produce, often requires multiple steps — many of which can easily be omitted accidentally. How many times have you forgotten to customize your permalink structure? How about adding in a sitemap plugin? What about changing your timezone? If you’ve installed WordPress more than once, chances are you’ve missed something. Take the following steps and you’ll never miss anything again.
Opinion about WordPress
28. 10 Missing Features in WordPress
An opinion by Jacob Gube about some missing features in wordpress after released latest major version : WordPress 3.0 (dubbed “Thelonious”)
WordPress Resources List
29. 30 Grid-Based WordPress Themes
Grid based layout designs can be very useful for building structured, usable and content rich (not limited to) websites. Grid design certainly has some major benefits for developers (its really easy to to plan where things should go), but its real power lies in what it can do for your …
30. Our Favourite WordPress 3.0 Tutorials, Resources & Videos
With WordPress 3.0 being released only a few weeks ago, many great resources have been put together! With all major releases there were some minor teething problems but with this round-up of well written resources you will learn about what 3.0 has to offer, from WPMU integration to custom post thumbnails.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Please share your other favorite wordpress tutorials and resources with us by leaving a comment below.
2 Comments to “30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010”Add Comments (+)
- 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP | WordPressPlanet.com
- 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP | Neorack Tutorials
- 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP | Design Blog
- 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP | getwebsitedesigner.com – WEB DESIGNING, Web Development, Wordpress Theme designing, Joomla theme
- 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP | Wordpress Marketing
- WordPress UK » 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP
- 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP | Blog News
- wp-popular.com » Blog Archive » 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP
- Wordpress Belarus » Blog Archive » 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 | DynamicWP
- 30 Fresh WordPress Resources of July 2010 — Reciprocal Blog