Quick Tip: Alternative Way to Install WordPress14th Mar 2012 | Posted by Eko S. | 3 Comments
Actually, installing a fresh WordPress isn’t difficult. You can use your web host software, such as fantastico or softaculous. But, some people has a problem when using fantastico or softaculous, they don’t understand how to use them. This alternative one will help you to install wordpress in easy way.
Follow these simple steps:
- First, you should download the script to help installing the fresh wordpress installation. Download here.
- Then, extract the zip in your hardisk.
- After that, login to your cpanel, upload the wp-setup.php to a folder where you want to add the wordpress intallation.
- Access the wp-setup.php in your web browser (eg. http://yourdomain.com/thefolder/wp-setup.php)
- Then, fill the form. But, before you do that, you should create the database first.
- Click submit button, then wait until the process finish.
Here’s the video from the script author.
We hope this quick tip, can be a solution for your problem, or you can try this tip as the other way to install WordPress. Do you have an experience with this tip? Or maybe you have another easy way to install WordPress? Please share with us in the comment below. Thanks
- Written by Satrya -
A minimal website design enthusiast, vocalist, web worker and front-end web developer living in Indonesia. You can follow him @satryaWp.