Increase Website Traffic And Promote Your Business Through Social Media8th May 2013 | Posted by Eko S. | 2 Comments
Competition in the modern business world is incredibly fierce. With the cut throat battles business owners are facing, it is essential to do what needs to be done to stay in the competition and gain an edge over other competitors.
Companies are now conquering the online world to stay ahead in the game and many businesses depend on social networking sites to increase the search rankings of their website, drive up website traffic, promote their business online and increase sales of products/services.
Why Are Businesses Using Social Media For Online Marketing?
Social Media offers business owners an effective online platform to promote and market their company and their products and services.
Let us take a look at an example to understand how social media is a powerful tool in your hands to increase website traffic and promote your business.
Imagine you have entered a party and you are working your way around the room. You are meeting as many interesting people as you can, getting to know about them and letting them know more about you. Word goes around that you are a popular figure. Friends tell their friends about you, who then approach you to get to know more about you.
Suddenly you are the centre of everybody’s attention, talking to everybody and answering their questions and everybody wants to know what this “popular figure” has to offer. Now that you are liked by all, you are probably going to be invited to every other party.
This is how it works when you use social media. Your social networking profile is the popular figure at the party. Your followers are the people at your party who tell your friends about you, thus, giving you more followers. When these followers want to know more about you, they become a part of your social networking profile and visit your website to see what you have to offer. If your followers like what you offer, they are likely to purchase your product / service and recommend more people to you, thus building a chain of followers for you. This greatly benefits your social networking profile, your website and your business.
The practical applications of social media for business owners and their websites include:
- Implementing an effective SEO strategy with the use of social media.
- Creating an online presence.
- Providing a platform for the company to interact with customers and for customers to interact with one another.
- Providing links to your website which your followers can click and share with others, thus, increasing website traffic.
- Improving your search rankings on popular search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Creating an exposure for your business and promoting your company.
- Driving up product / service sales.
5 Easy Tips to Increase Website Traffic and Promote Your Business through Social Media
- Declare yourself to the online community. Let people know who you are so that they can relate to you. You cannot expect people to connect with you on your social network unless they know who you are, what you do and what you offer.
- Link your social networking profiles to your website and link your website to your social networking profiles. In this way, those visiting your website will learn of your social media presence and those visiting your social profile will click your website link for more information and increase traffic to your website.
- Encourage interaction on your social networking profile by asking your followers for their opinions about your products and services. Encourage them to ask questions and make sure you answer them. Allow your followers to review and rate your products / services.
- Whenever you update your website, notify your followers about it on your social profile. This could mean a new article or a new picture on your website or the launch of a new product. The curious ones will visit your website to find out more about it and if they like what they see, they will recommend your website to their friends.
- Use specific keywords in your username, page name, vanity URL, informative content and your posts. This way, when someone runs a search with similar keywords, your website and / or your social networking page will show up in the search results.
If you think social media is just a passing fad, it’s high time you change your beliefs. There is enough and more proof out there that business are doing really well with the aid of social media. Why else would so many organizations ensure that they have a team in place to take care of all their social connections?
So are you going to adopt these techniques to drive up website traffic and promote your business through social media?