Quick Tip : How to Enable Threaded Comments Function in WordPress16th May 2010 | Posted by Eko S. | 6 Comments
Threaded comment is one of cool function from wordpress, this feature is very useful, even in our opinion, this feature is very important and must be owned on a blog. Why?
- It enables users to reply on a exist comment, and the discussion will be displayed threaded or nested.
- Allow your users discuss and reply to each other in up to 10 levels.
- Will turn the discussion on an article
- Will allow the reader to follow the developing discussion on an article.
In this article, we use one of our free theme “Simple White“.
Default, threaded comment feature is not enabled by wordpress. So when you use one of our free themes, then display the comments section on your site will be like this.
Now after you enable threaded comment function, as you can see in theme demo page, your comment section will be like this.
Follow these steps :
- On your WordPress Dashboard page, click Settings > Discussion
- Put a check in the Other comment settings > Enable threaded (nested) comments on Discussion Settings page. We suggest setting threaded comments to about (3 – 5) level deep, to keep conversation focused.
- Then Save Changes!
Now your comments can be threaded (nested).
4 Comments to “Quick Tip : How to Enable Threaded Comments Function in WordPress”Add Comments (+)
- Tweets that mention Quick Tip : How to Enable Threaded Comments Function in WordPress | DynamicWP -- Topsy.com
- wp-popular.com » Blog Archive » Quick Tip : How to Enable Threaded Comments Function in WordPress | DynamicWP