The Best WordPress Popular-Posts Plugins14th Sep 2013 | Posted by Eko S. | 4 Comments
Popular Posts commonly known as most known post or the post which is most liked by the users is used in most of the sites. By making a list of the most popular posts on WordPress for the site bloggers or developers can greatly increase the number of views on the content and also keep readers interested in the site. Popular Posts Plugins are used to attract maximum views to the site, and improve exposure of users to the site.
Which WordPress Popular-Posts Plugin is Best for Your Site?
There is number of Popular-Post Plugins available in WordPress directory. Deciding the best one depends upon various featured factors, few of them are as follows:
- Plugin should offer best features to track performance of the posts.
- It must list the most visited posts with respect to time range.
- The Plugin should display thumbnails of the posts.
- The Plugin which is to be used should have automatic maintenance features with regards to recent posts.
- The Plugin should offer support for multiple widgets on the post.
- The Plugin should have internal caching system.
In the following post I have short listed “Best WordPress Popular-Posts Plugins” that are frequently recommended by most bloggers and web developers.
#Popular Posts Bar Widget
Show what’s hot in your blog right now with this WordPress Widget, inspired by the fine folks at Engadget. Don’t confuse it with the ‘most popular posts’ plugins out there, all they do is extract the highest comment count of all-time, with Popular Posts Bar Plugin, you can show the trending posts by comments or views in say, the last 7 days.
#WordPress Popular Posts
“WordPress Popular Posts” is one of the most featured plugin used for popular posts. This plugin helps to organize site posts in a friendly format on the website that attracts readers to read more on the website. This plugin offers featured options to users of website how want have flexible viewing options for most popular posts in sidebar.
This plugin allows thumbnails to be adjusted anywhere in the theme, doesn’t matter whether it is used for writing or blogging. It automatically adjusts large and small thumbnails in the theme. This Plugin has quite user-friendly interface and offers full support with complete documentation. Some of its main features are as follows:
- Multi-widget capable. That is, you can have several widgets of WordPress Popular Posts on your blog – each with its own settings!
- Time Range – list those posts of your blog that have been the most popular ones within a specific time range (eg. last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc.)!
- Custom Post-type support. Wanna show other stuff than just posts and pages?
- Display a thumbnail of your posts! (see the FAQ section for technical requirements).
- Use your own layout! Control how your most popular posts are shown on your theme. Updated! See changelog for more!
- Check the statistics on your most popular posts from wp-admin.
#Top Stories – Most Viewed/Recent Posts Widget
Show most commented or viewed posts in your blog with this Top Stories – Most Viewed / Recent Posts Widget, inspired in “Top Stories Sidebar” by Engadget. Easily configure them by adding widgets in already familiar WordPress interface and get unlimited sidebar and color combinations.
#WordPress.com Popular Posts
WordPress.com Popular Posts is considered as one the most important Plugin for blogging sites. Most of professional web designers and designers use this plugin blogging sites. The plugin basically shows the most popular articles in the side bar, its uses the data collected by jetpack or from wordpress.com stats plugin.
This plugin is recognized as best way to attract maximum attraction to the site, usually maximum users or blogger visitor do follow up when they see most popular articles in the side bar. This plugin requires at least one of this Plugins to be installed:
- Jetpack Plugin
- WordPress.com stats Plugin
Like other Plugins this plugin offers detailed features with user friendly interface as follows:
- Catch your visitors’ eye with a list of your most interesting contents!
- It doesn’t overload your site: all the stats are stored on WordPress.com
- Support for multiple (and different) widgets on a page
- Support for shortcodes to embed the list inside a page/post
- Choose how many links to show, the time period of the stats…
- Support for filters: by category, ID, authors, visits…
- The format of the link is completely customizable
- Support for displaying post thumbnails in the list
- Support for displaying post excerpt
- Support for displaying post visits
- Internal caching system, to be faster than light
#Top 10 – Popular Posts Plugin for WordPress
WordPress doesn’t count page views by default. Top 10 – Popular Posts Plugin for WordPress will count the number of page views on your single posts on a daily as well as overall basis. You can then display the page view count on individual posts and pages as well as display a list of most popular posts based on page views.
Most of bloggers use this plugin to maximize traffic on blog. This plugin displays the Popular posts on side bar widget. Its Admin interface in quite user friendly and all settings can easily be configured from admin area. Few of its silent features are as follows:
- This Plugin counts visit on the post/blog on daily or on overall basis.
- It automatically customizes the text that requires to be displayed.
- It has exceptional support of thumbnails and does auto extracts the first image of the post to be displayed as thumbnail.
- It offers support for CSS styling and does allows custom CSS styling with in admin area.
- This Plugin is compatible with W3 Total Cache and WP- Super Cache.
#Easy Popular Posts
This Easy Popular Posts plugin would be very easy for you to use WordPress function to add popular posts to any WordPress theme. You can also include the the list in a post using a shortcode [thisismyurl_easy_popular_posts] or as a widget.
Popular Post Plugins are considered as most useful plugins to increase site traffic, maximize customer attraction to site and also to improve revenue from the site. Most of popular post plugins offers most advanced and effective features to track performance of the posts. Thumbnails are displayed properly with posts and most of them offer automatic maintenance features.
Please don’t forget to add others “Best WordPress Popular-Post Plugins” and also share your experience with us about Popular Posts Plugins, which you have used in your blogs/sites, and we have missed to mention in this post.