Easy to Create an iPhone App with WiziApp WordPress Plugin24th Oct 2011 | Posted by Eko S. | 4 Comments
Create your own iPhone app and be available on the Appstore, today become more easy. And today we’ll introduce you a great wordpress plugin that will transform your wordpress site or blog into a native iPhone App. Wiziapp a WordPress iPhone plugin that will do this task pretty easy. With this plugin, your wordpress blog becomes easy for everyone to access it from anywhere.
What is WiziApp?
WiziApp is a WordPress iPhone plugin that automatically turns your WordPress blog into a native iPhone App and make it available on the App Store. Imagine, your personal blog, can now be searched, found and downloaded through the App Store by avid fans worldwide! And if that wasn’t enough, WiziApp even offers a push notification service to notify iOS users when your website has new content available! You can even customize the Push notifications to appear as Badge, Sound, and/or Text alerts.
Their user-friendly wizard allows you to customize your app and make it your own; by giving it an app name, designing the splash screen, and selecting your own Tab Bar menu and sharing options. As you customize your app you will see your changes in real-time in our simulator.
By using WiziApp, you can also monetize it pretty easy, its on you whether you would like to keep it “Ads Free”, or monetize it by displaying ads using AdMob account.
Here is a complete list of WiziApp features :
- Create and personalize your iPhone application from your WordPress dashboard using the plugin’s wizard.
- Deliver all of your blog content directly to your App in real time.
- Notify your readers about new posts via push notification service.
- Your readers can easily read and post new comments directly from your App.
- Your App will display your images and galleries in native iPhone style.
- All the media you have posted will be collected to video or audio libraries.
- Your readers can easily search your blog directly from your App.
- Playing video and audio using Wiziapp’s advanced players.
- Enable your readers to navigate between posts by categories, tags or author name.
- Integrate with your login system.
- Your readers can easily share your posts and images via Facebook, Twitter, Email or SMS.
- Monetize your App by displaying ads using your own AdMob account.
- Your readers can easily save your posts to their ‘favorites’ list.
- We publish your App to the iTunes App Store and save you time & money dealing with an Apple developer account.
- See daily stats of your App visits and downloads.
- Stay up to date with all iOS and WordPress new features.
Like to install and use the wordpress plugin in general, you can find out how easy it is to use WiziApp plugin. Here a the steps:
- Download the WiziApp plugin from the official WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Upload and activate the WiziApp plugin.
- Access the “Create Your App” menu in your WordPress dashboard and name your application.
- Design your splash screen using the plugin’s generator or upload your own custom splash design.
- Customize your app’s appearance.
- Build your App menu (tab bar).
- Determine if you want to enable your readers to share your content via Facebook, Twitter, Email, or SMS.
- Configure push notification options.
- Enter your AdMob ID if you want to monetize your application.
That is the configuration steps, and the first step to create your iPhone App. Then, the next process is to make your iPhone App available on the App Store. The process is easy and fast, WiziApp will do it for you. And for this service they offer 3 packages to choose from:
- Personal Blog: $199.00 setup and $19.90 a month
- Professional Blog: $299.00 setup and $29.90 a month
- Enterprise Blog: $499.00 setup and $49.90 a month
Before the end, below are some facts & statistics which clearly shows the importance of having such a good app:
- Fact. 200 million iOS users have already downloaded 15 billion apps to date. That’s 75 apps per person!!
- Fact. iOS Users spend an average of 74 minutes each day using native apps.
- Fact. iOS Users spend an average of only 10 minutes each day on mobile web browsing. That’s 86% less time spent on browsing
- People use native apps because they truly are the simplest, fastest and most convenient way to access content.
With such mind-blowing numbers, isn’t it bad we don’t use it on WordPress blog?
Overall I think with this WiziApp plugin the process of building your iPhone application become easier. And there is no cost to build and simulate your own application for your wordpress blog and then you can decide if you want to published in iTunes app store.